Thursday, July 26, 2012
PURCHASED
So today I was speaking with my mother and she was saying how I should start writing a blog, I then realized I started one years ago 2 actually. Well I am currently in escrow.
This process SUCKS. Purchasing a house, sucks. So I am 26years old and no one takes you seriously. My first realtor was referred to me from my aunt. He treated me like a child and so did his lender. We only saw a handful of houses, so I dropped him fast! Next I went to this couple who know a huge company so I foolishly thought they would be the best, again I was wrong. Since I was not purchasing a 1/2 million dollar house they didn't have time to show me anything. Dropped! I then found my current realtor Karen Schwan, who is amazing. I put 7 offers on 7 different houses. Since purchasing with an FHA loan only 3.5% down no one wanted to sell a house to me. I finally got a yes on a property!
I got a counter offer on a house, I offered 260k they countered for 265k and I accepted. Once accepted I ran to the post office to get a money order, because my dumb butt moved all my savings to an account that I don't have a check book! I waited in the 20 minute line and my card got declined. I almost peed my pants! I returned to work and realized the card I have is not set up for debit withdraws. The seller did not want to go into escrow until I saw the house one more time. I brought my sister to see the house, since she will be living in it. I love it, it is tiny, cute, country and everything a first house should be.
Second day after getting my accepted letter and counter offer I finally went to my bank and got a cashiers check and proceeded to the escrow company. Once there they told me they did not have any of the paperwork and would not take my check because they did not have the accepted offer from the seller. I was pissed again, only because the seller after accepting my offer got a back up offer for the full asking price of 269k. He was trying to scare me off the property. "It is going to cost 11k to fix the deck, 5k to fix the septic", I call bullshit. I then called to confirm with my agent Karen that she had the offer and that I am getting this house.
Day 3, FINALLY in escrow. I have called to set up my home inspection on Tuesday, gave the bank money for an appraisal and now the waiting comes in. I will have to pay to get the septic fixed which minimum would be 600$ that is merely to dig, pump, and inspect!
This whole purchasing a house is for the birds! I am so stressed out it is ridiculous. One of the reasons I am purchasing a home is because my mother lost her job and will be living with me, along with my 11 year old niece, my sister and boyfriend. For all of us to be in a rental would cost somewhere near 2,400 per month which I feel is silly if I can buy a 4 bedroom house and the mortgage would only be 1,800 a month and I would own it.
well this seems like a long blog, I suppose I will continue when something else happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love it
ReplyDelete